Wildlife hazard monitoring and management
Your wildlife management program is not managing your strike risks.
Develop a strategic and integrated wildlife hazard management program that complies with regulatory requirements, aligns with industry best practice, and is congruent to your risks and operations.
Avisure build airport-specific wildlife management programs that addresses each your unique wildlife issue whilst ensuring that the effort required to implement it corresponds with your operations and resource availability.
We can create a program that:
- Is based on:
- regulatory and legislative requirements
- international best practice and standards
- data analysis
- risk assessments.
- Is focussed on:
- key risk species
- key airside attractions
- off-aerodrome attractants
- includes policies and procedures that align with identified hazards and reflect the aerodrome’s operational capability and availability of resources
- identifies management, training, and resource gaps
- is regularly evaluated for effectiveness and regulatory compliance
- is dynamic and can readily adapt to changes in wildlife strike risk profile.
We can also provide personnel to help implement the program, or supplement parts of it. Our expert team:
- Have ARO/WSO qualifications
- Have radio proficiency certificates
- Have ASICs (for Australian airports)
- Are experienced with operating on airports and have good situational awareness
- Are trained in all aspects wildlife hazard management including:
- Wildlife dispersal
- Firearms use (for lethal control and pyrotechnics)
- Wildlife counts
- Hazard communication
- Strike reporting
- Handling wildlife and wildlife remains
- Habitat management
A robust, efficient and effective program mitigates your wildlife risks, reduces your strike rate, and demonstrates to stakeholders and authorities a commitment to providing safe operations and satisfies the requirement of continual improvement as part of the aerodrome SMS framework.