Avisure is a consultancy that has supported the aviation industry with specialist wildlife and operations expertise for over 25 years. We are regarded as the industry leaders in the field of wildlife strike mitigation, having completed projects for air operators, regulators, and airports. We have worked at more than 70 national, international, and military airports since 1996.
Our consulting services help our clients to reduce wildlife hazards with comprehensive risk management strategies, staff training and ongoing management programs.
Avisure aims to provide the aviation industry with the world’s best products, processes, research, and expert advice to ultimately reduce the occurrence of wildlife strike and establish a benchmark in the industry that encourages a global proactive approach to wildlife strike management.
Making a difference drives our enthusiasm to deliver quality in everything we do. Our focus is growing long-term relationships with our clients by ensuring quality delivery.
Our Head Office is based in Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, with a branch in Adelaide and operations in Victoria.
About the role
Based in the Gold Coast area, you will be reporting directly to the Northern Australia Wildlife Team Leader and joining the Avisure Queensland team. You will have excellent organisational skills to support our busy team of consultants by undertaking a range of activities to assist in a variety of project administration and delivery.
This role is a combination of office-based work and work conducted in the field outside of regular business hours, including travel. Therefore, flexibility with availability to support our busy team is important.
As part of the employment process, you will be required to undertake a fitness for work assessment as well as successfully pass ongoing drug and alcohol screening as part of our client requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree in biology, environmental management/wildlife or similar
- Demonstrated report writing and data analysis skills
- Ability to use problem solving techniques to solve project related issues
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills including the ability to manipulate data in complex spreadsheets
- Excellent bird identification skills and experience in conducting wildlife surveys
- Experience with stakeholders and public speaking
- High level of computer skills
- Willing to travel to assist in interstate projects where required
- Professional communicator who is reliable, self-driven and able to prioritise workload
- Australian Citizenship
- Ability to obtain Airport Security Identification Card (ASIC) – requires criminal history check
The following skills and attributes would be highly regarded:
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Firearms license – Categories A/B, and/or C
- Demonstrated experience working on airfields or in an aviation environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in wildlife management and/or vertebrate pest control
- Experience in GIS and data visualisation software
- Understanding of wildlife behaviour
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certificate
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate
We value our team and have developed an Employee Benefits Program to support, empower, and reward our people.
Here are some benefits we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Celebrating birthdays in style with a paid day off
- $200 towards health and wellbeing
- Participate in community service with paid leave
- New parents receive 4 weeks paid parental leave (on top of the government benefits).
Avisure encourages and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace as we are an Equal Employment Opportunities employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are a passionate Wildlife Biologist with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is looking for a supportive and optimistic team, we want to hear from you!
Remuneration will be discussed in person during our recruitment process.
Please apply through seek or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter addressing how your experience aligns with our opportunity.
Please note that due to our high volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity with Avisure.