Southern Australia Regional Manager
Masters in Environmental Science
University of the South Pacific 2008
Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
University of the South Pacific 2005
Bachelor of Environmental Science
University of the South Pacific 2002
Ronel is an environmental ecologist in the field of bird strike assessment and mitigation, airport safety and fauna management, and is the Regional Manager of Avisure’s Southern Australia Office. Ronel has been a key member of the Avisure team since 2009, and holds Cat A, B and H Weapons Licences, CASA ASIC and an Australian Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certificate. He is currently facilitating an Avisure contracted role of Wildlife Management Officer for RAAF Edinburgh.
Ronel has experience in:
- bird strike mitigation in civil and military aerodrome
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority CASR manual of standards part 139
- overabundant native and introduced avifauna integrated management and expertise liaison
- international and regional environmental treaties, commonwealth and state legislation pertaining to wildlife management.
- flying-fox surveys
- threatened species recovery
- water quality testing
- habitat restoration
- water bird, seabird, and shorebird surveys
- biodiversity monitoring
- invasive species control and management
- avian ecological studies
- environmental biomechanics - tropical forestry
- report writing.
- Royal Australian Air Force bird strike mitigation and reporting
- Civil aerodrome bird strike mitigation and reporting.
- Pest bird management plans for large buildings and structures.
- Important Bird Area Project (Darwin Initiative project ref: 162/15/019)
- Important Bird Area (Marine IBAs Pacific Region) West Pacific Invasive Species Eradication (Offshore Islands and tropical wetlands)
- Ecology and conservation requirements of threatened wet tropical rainforest parrots in Fiji (Birdlife International and Wildlife Conservation Society)
- Technical advisor – Msc Research (Spatial relationships between forest birds and habitats in degraded and non-degraded forests)- -Thesis available online
- Conservation and enhancement of the bushland, wetlands and waterways in Greater Sydney Region.
- Member, Illawarra Bird Observers Club
- Competencies in Firearms Safety
- SRO DRV001B Drive and recover a four-wheel drive vehicle
Licences and Permits
- ASIC (Aust)
- QLD Firearms License Class A, B and H
- Aircraft Radiotelephone Operators Certificate of Proficiency (AROCOP)
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certificate
- Chemcert Accreditation
- Bluecard – Industry Safety Induction
- Senior First Aid Certificate