Client | BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
Location | Moranbah (QLD), Australia
Service | On-site aviation safety support (ARO/WSO services)
We provided a relief aerodrome reporting officer (ARO) for a project at Moranbah Airport, maintaining terminal and airside security control following new aviation transport security regulations. The ARO’s duties included:
- managing airside access, escorts and issuing visitor identification cards (VIC).
- Ensuring all personnel operating airside and in aircraft movement areas did so in a safe and responsible manner, in line with the SMS.
- Ensuring terminal, landside areas and facilities maintained to a high standard.
- Daily inspections for foreign object debris (FOD)
- Ongoing liaison with the airport operations coordinator and other team members regarding airport safety and operations.