Avisure is a consultancy that has supported the aviation industry with specialist wildlife and operations expertise for over 25 years. We are regarded as the industry leaders in the field of wildlife strike mitigation, having completed projects for air operators, regulators, and airports. We have worked at more than 120 national, international, and military airports since 1996.
About The Role
Based in our Burleigh Heads Office, with the ability to work flexibly from home, you will be reporting directly to the Avisure CEO.
You will be responsible for day-to-day accounting matters including accounts payable/receivable, payroll, bank and general ledger reconciliations, preparation of month end management accounts, lodgement of monthly BAS and Payroll Tax, FBT & Year end reporting to the external Company Accountant.
Strong accounting skills and experience with an enterprise level financial accounting system are key requirements of the role.
The ideal candidate will also have skills to assist in the coordination of recruitment activities, contract management and onboarding of new staff.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable.
- Qualifications in bookkeeping or similar, Minimum Cert IV.
- Demonstrated expertise in month end accrual accounting, work paper preparation and intercompany reconciliations.
- Practiced in payroll environments across multiple Modern Employment Awards
- Demonstrated proficiency with QuickBooks (or similar) and/or NetSuite or ERP.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams and SharePoint
- Productivity and teamwork skills including time management, responsiveness and adaptability.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow process and the initiative to solve queries and provide efficient and effective support to the business.
The following skills and attributes would be highly regarded:
- End to end employment administration (advertising & candidate management, coordinating offers, pre-employment medical assessments, employment contracts, payroll documentation, and onboarding)
We are looking for someone who:
- can develop strong interpersonal relationships
- is a human-centred problem solver and lifelong learner
- has strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- possesses meticulous attention to detail
- comfortable managing documents, databases and registers
- has a professional, confidential and positive approach to sensitive matters.
We value our team and have developed an Employee Benefits Program to support, empower and reward our people.
Here are some benefits we offer:
- Celebrating birthdays in style with a paid day off
- $200 towards health and wellbeing
- Participate in community service with paid leave
- New parents receive 4 weeks paid parental leave (on top of the government benefits).
Avisure encourages and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace as we are an Equal Employment Opportunities employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are a passionate Finance Officer with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is looking for a supportive and optimistic team, we want to hear from you!
Remuneration will be discussed in person during our recruitment process.
Please apply through Seek or email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter addressing how your experience aligns with our opportunity.
Please note that due to our high volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity with Avisure.