Avisure specializes in wildlife risk mitigation for the aviation industry. Our services include consulting, research, providing expert advice, and active wildlife management to reduce human-wildlife conflict in aviation environments. We pride ourselves on finding innovative solutions based on scientific rigor and are seeking individuals that want to be the best in the industry.
We are looking for a full-time Unified Pest Management Coordinator to join our team. The position is responsible for monitoring and coordinating Seattle-Tacoma International Airport’s pest management program. You will work directly with the Port of Seattle wildlife biologist and other pest management stakeholders to collect pest data, analyze pest management trends, conduct quality control audits of airport facilities, provide education and outreach to airport and tenant stakeholders, and report on program successes and improvements.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who holds our values of Passion, Ethics, Team Spirit, Responsiveness, Optimism, and Leadership. The successful applicant will possess a biological understanding of pest management approaches, excel at coordinating a variety of stakeholders to achieve program objectives, and be skilled at analyzing and communicating pest management results. The work schedule will predominantly be during business hours Monday through Friday.
We offer a spot in an amazing team that supports, coaches, and mentors one another to achieve excellent safety and project outcomes. You will have opportunities to learn new skills and to teach others what you already know. We provide extensive training for the position which results in autonomy for our staff and a trust in our people to make decisions. We believe in finding the right people and helping them to excel at what they do in a culture of respect and support.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and use problem-solving techniques to safely and effectively identify pest management issues and solutions.
- Adaptability and flexibility in coordinating a variety of stakeholders to achieve program goals.
- Data analysis using Excel or other software packages.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong commitment to safety and safe work practices and a willingness to promote Avisure’s safety culture.
- Possession of, or ability to acquire, an airport identification badge (includes a background check).
- Degree or other qualification in wildlife biology/ecology/conservation or equivalent experience.
- The applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Desirable skills and attributes
- Knowledge of Fulcrum and Tableau or other digital data capture and visualization software.
- Teaching and or outreach experience.
- Experience working in airport environments.
If you want to be part of a team striving to be the best in wildlife risk management, please send a cover letter including responses to each of the selection criteria and your resume to email@example.com by Friday August 14th, 2020.