Avisure is a consultancy that has supported the aviation industry with specialist wildlife and operations expertise for over 25 years. We are regarded as the industry leaders in the field of wildlife strike mitigation. We have worked at more than 120 national, international, and military airports since 1996.
Our consulting services help our clients to reduce wildlife hazards with comprehensive risk management strategies, staff training and ongoing management programs.
We also provide our clients with Aerodrome Reporting Officers and Works Safety Officers (ARO/WSOs) to carry out aerodrome works in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR Part 139, MOS 139 and AC139-20(0)).
Making a difference drives our enthusiasm to deliver quality in everything we do. Our focus is on growing long-term relationships with our clients by ensuring quality delivery.
About the Role
Avisure is seeking expressions of interest for a casual Aerodrome Reporting and Works Safety Officer (ARO/WSO) to join our Adelaide team. This role will be primarily based at a certified aerodrome north of Adelaide, with the requirement to travel to other aerodromes within South Australia and interstate from time-to-time. Some of these aerodromes will be in remote and regional areas. This role may include after hours and weekend work, therefore flexibility with availability is important.
This position is ideal for early career personnel trying to start their career in aviation safety or already working with airports, airlines or other aviation contractors that are interested in new opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities in this role will be diverse and there will be a mixture of working independently and as part of a larger team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct aerodrome serviceability inspections,
- Identify and report unserviceability and non-conformances,
- Conduct wildlife monitoring and dispersal (upon intensive tailored training and licensing),
- Escort contractors and visitors for airside construction projects,
- Assist with drafting of NOTAMs,
- Promote and encourage aerodrome safety,
- Maintain a high level of situational awareness.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be an Australian Citizen,
- Have a high level of situational awareness and responsiveness,
- Have knowledge of MOS139 and CASR Part 139,
- Have an understanding of aerodrome manuals, management plans and MOWPs,
- Be keen to learn new things and develop environmental and wildlife knowledge,
- Have ARO / WSO qualifications or be willing to obtain through Avisure,
- Have Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate or be willing to obtain through Avisure,
- Be able to obtain Federal Police Clearance,
- Be able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC),
- Be able to go through medicals and pre-clearance drug and alcohol assessment,
- Be able to obtain security clearance by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency,
- Comfortable working with firearms and able to obtain firearms licence.
The following skills and attributes would be highly regarded:
- Previous ARO/WSO experience,
- Possess an ASIC,
- Recent First Aid and CPR qualification.
We value our team and have developed an Employee Benefits Program to support, empower and reward our people.
Here are some benefits we offer:
- Time off to support blood donations
- Uniform, tools, equipment and PPE provided
- Annual skin checks
- Employee Assistance Program
Avisure encourages and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace as we are an Equal Employment Opportunities employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about aviation safety and operations, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, and are looking for a supportive and optimistic team, we want to hear from you!
Remuneration will be discussed in person during our recruitment process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter addressing how your experience aligns with our opportunity by the 8th of June 2023.
Please note that due to our high volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity with Avisure.